On the occasion of the Innovate4Climate (I4C) 2019, this special issue of the Carbon Mechanisms Review (CMR) asks how carbon markets can best interact with other arenas in order to foster climate friendly development. The first contribution looks at the Asia-Pacific region and analyses how market-based interventions under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement can enhance international cooperation in terms of reducing emissions and deepening climate ambition in the region. This is complemented by an introduction of the CI-ACA initiative, which aims at broadening the uptake of carbon pricing approaches worldwide.
From the contents:
- Piloting Article 6 in Asia and the Pacific
- Towards Carbon Pricing in Developing Countries
- Advancing programmatic crediting in Article 6
- Mobilising the Potential
- A win-win for Ozone and Climate
- Mobilising green cooling through Article 6
With contributions from Perspectives’ Axel Michaelowa, Stephan Hoch, Matthias Krey and Aglaja Espelage.
The Special Issue can be found here.