Perspectives Climate Group – Hamburg Office, Germany
Applications closing date: Wednesday, 31st July 2019
Perspectives Climate Group is currently seeking a highly motivated, skilled and communicative“Intern – Technical / Research Assistant” to strengthen and support our team starting between October and November 2019 for three to six months.
Perspectives provides globally leading research and consultancy services on international climatepolicy. We are an international group of companies located in Freiburg, Hamburg (Germany) and Zurich (Switzerland). Our international team consults private and public sector clients all over the world. We are strongly engaged in the UNFCCC process, and internationally recognised for our outstanding contribution to the establishment and advancement of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and innovative, future oriented carbon market activities, climate policy and climate finance approaches such as Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMAs) and Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) in the context of operationalizing the Paris Agreement.
Your tasks will encompass in particular:
- Research and analysis of information and data from authoritative sources for studies and advisory services;
- Support our consultants in their project work in several sectors, e.g. related to UNFCCC negotiations, climate finance, promotion of renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and sustainable waste management;
- Elaboration of Excel-based calculations and PowerPoint presentations;
- Support to organizational, administrative, outreach and marketing tasks;
- Contributions to proposal development and offer writing.
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented and committed to deliver high-quality outputs;
- Passion and commitment to work on sustainable development and climate change topics;
- Ability to deal with ad-hoc requests in limited time and under pressure;
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as within an international team and to proactively communicate with colleagues;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word;
- Working proficiency in English and German is a must; French and/ or Spanish writing and speaking skills are considered a plus.
If you are interested in an internship in a flexible work environment, with a young and dynamic team and a lot of space for your own ideas we would be happy to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and CV in English (both in one PDF) by the 31st July to Ms. Hanna Jenne at: jenne@, specifying as email subject line “Intern – Technical Assistant – Hamburg office” and your name and surname. perspectives.cc
Perspectives is an equal opportunity employer and thus encourages male and female applications.
An EU work permit is a prerequisite for this internship.